http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/denim-days-3-column

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Just Some Thoughts....

I flew to Idaho yesterday. I had an connecting flight in Atlanta, Ga where the sun was shining brightly. From sunshiny GA I flew into grey, overcast sky's of Minneapolis, MN, where it looked cold with snow on the ground and grey sky's. I left Minneapolis for Spokane, WA. As we were flying out of Minneapolis I was thinking about how cold and grey and nasty it looked and was thinking it was a good thing it didn't work out for me to go to MBS for 3rd term this year, cause I know I would have had a hard time adjusting to that cold weather, especially cause my dear, wonderful family back home in South Carolina would have rubbed it into me how they were having such wonderful weather, when we got through those overcast sky's of Minneapolis into the bright, beautiful sunshine above those grey clouds. (sorry bout the run-on, it was fun tho!!! =)) I had to think about how I sometimes think my life is so bad. I think there are nothing but nasty, grey clouds out and I just wanna sit down and cry. I'm gonna have to remind myself, that there is a beautiful sun beyond those clouds. God doesn't forget about me. He doesn't leave me to my overcast sky's. Someday soon those overcast sky's will shine with a beautiful sun again!!!

Why did I fly to Idaho? Grandma Skrivseth had another hip replacement, and once again I'm here to see the house keeps clean and nice (which reminds me... there's dishes in the sink that need washed or put in the dishwasher, but for now I'm gonna ignore them. I'll get to them in a little... =)), and Grandma and Grandpa stay happy.... =)


Here they are...

On my way out here I was trying to brace myself for this snow I was sure was gonna be around. I was trying not to think of driving on ice and snow. I know they say driving on snow is no different than driving on sand... but at least where there is sand it is warm!!! I really think that was my biggest problem. I was trying to brace myself for the cold!!! Then I flew into Minneapolis and there was snow there, I was sure there was gonna be snow here in Idaho. Well, what do you know?!?!? I got here, and well, there's snow in the shady parts and in the mountains, but THERE'S NO SNOW!!! I can't talk to loud cause well, there might be snow while I'm here yet, but as for right now, it's no colder here than it was at home when I left!!! 

Ok, so snow I'm sure is NOT that bad... It's just well, for this southern girl, who, well, snow mean's Walmart , school, and everything shuts down cause no one can go out on the roads, well, snow is just a scary thought... Snow also means, wet, cold, miserable, bone chilling cold... Yes, if I had to I would learn to enjoy it. 

Well, this is just getting long and drawn out, so I needa shut down. Some verses before I go from 1 Peter 1: 13-16  '13Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 14As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, 15but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; 16because it is written, “YOU SHALL BE HOLYFOR I AM HOLY.”'




3 comments:

  1. Hey! I didn't know you had a blog, keep it up! It was good to have you out here again:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to be out there... Wanna come back out sometime... Just doesn't seem to be any time in the near future... =(

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete